Use cases for creator credentials in the media sectors
Use cases for VCs in the media sectors
Verifiable creator credentials can increase trust and transparency in the cultural and creative industries.
Here are some examples of how VCs could be used:
- Verifying the identity and credentials of freelancers or contractors working for a media organisation (freelancer verification);
- Establishing the identity and reliability of sources used in news publications, particularly when anonymity is required (source verification);
- Providing proof of ownership or authorship of copyrighted works, such as articles, videos, or music, including the ability to state whether the content was created by a human creator or generated by an artificial intelligence model (copyright verification);
- Demonstrating the creator's or rightsholder's authority to provide metadata or licence information for digital work (metadata verification);
- Confirming that a media organisation has the permission to use or distribute specific content, such as photographs or video footage (content licensing);
- Verifying that a user or entity has acquired a licence for use of digital media content from a rightsholder (licensing receipt);
- Supporting digital rights management (DRM) and granting access to digital media content, supplementary material, stories, or multimedia assets (access control).